Sonicator 940 Ultrasound and E-Stim Machine - 4 Channels - 8 Waveforms
Mettler Sonicator Ultrasound / Stim - 940 - 4-channel with 1&3MHz, 5 cm head
Marrying efficiency with optimized treatment options, the microprocessor-controlled Sonicator Plus 940 is a four channel combination unit. Combining both 1 and 3 MHz ultrasound with eight treatment waveforms: Interferential, Premodulated, Medium Frequency (Russian), EMS, High Volt, TENS, Microcurrent and Direct Current (DC), the Mettler Sonicator 940 is a top of the line choice for any rehabilitation clinic.
The Best Features of the Mettler Sonicator Ultrasound/Stim 940:
Touch-screen capability: With an innovative screen design, practitioners can choose from preset options or customize their own treatment protocols from the ease of a touch-screen.
Real-time adjustments: The ability to make adjustments on the fly during a treatment is a new and advanced feature of the Sonicator Plus 940.
61 preset programs: The Sonicator 940 was programmed with 61 preset sequences that address a wide-range of patient injuries and chronic problems lowering unnecessary set-up time and increasing actual treatment time.
Favorite protocol storage: With the ability to save specific protocols to “favorites”, practitioners can use specified settings for future patients with similar needs.
Accessories for the Mettler Sonicator 940
- 5 cm sound head
- 0.9cm2, 1/3 MHz applicator for the Sonicator Plus 940
- Electrode cable for the Sonicator Plus 940
- Optional high volt / DC probe, pin-to-banana adapter and 3 1/2″ x 7″ sponge electrode for the Sonicator Plus 940
The Benefits of the Mettler Sonicator Ultrasound/Stim 940
The 940 is considered one of the most advanced combination units on the market with its 8 clinical waveforms and a dual frequency ultrasound. The ability to offer 8 clinical waveforms increases the ability for a practitioner to treat diverse issues: from reducing pain to increasing muscle strength or facilitating wound healing. The ability to treat acute injury, chronic pain or post-surgical complications makes a powerhouse modality needed in any rehabilitative clinic. And research backs up the importance of ultrasound/e-stim combination units in rehabilitative care. Studies have shown that combination units are more effective in treating chronic pain and inflammation.
Some of the conditions ultrasound/e-stim units are helpful in treating are:
- Soft tissue or sports injuries: From strains to post-surgical repair, ultrasound and electrical stimulation used alone or in combination can help treat pain and increase muscle strength in soft tissue or sports injuries.
- Migraines: Efficient pain relief is a must when treating patients with migraines. The ability to offer both ultrasound and e-stim simultaneously gives practitioners a more effective option when treating migraine pain.
- Carpal tunnel: Whether looking to avoid surgery or dealing with post-surgical after-care, the Sonicator 940 effectively reduces the pain and inflammation associated with carpal tunnel.
- Breakdown of scar tissue: Scar tissue can create its own set of issues. The Mettler Sonicator Plus 940 gives a non-invasive option for practitioners to work on the breaking down of scar tissue that also decreases patient discomfort.
- Arthritis pain: Chronic pain issues like arthritis can be difficult to treat. Studies have shown that ultrasound/e-stim units are effective in addressing the pain associated with both Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis.
***This list isn’t comprehensive, but gives a sense of the diverse patient issues a combination ultrasound/e-stim device can help practitioners treat.